Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prezi

Prezi is a program which allows users to create innovative and exciting presentations. I personally did not make a Prezi presentation but I did explore some of the previously made ones. They are interactive and allow the viewer to peruse the presentation at their own pace. With the click of a mouse, you are transported to another piece of information in the sequence. Alternatively, you can click and move the presentation to view information that is specifically appealing to you. Overall, I think Prezi is a great tool and I would definitely consider using a pre-made Prezi presentation to teach my students about concepts. It appears as though it could supply a wonderful hook/introduction to a new concept as it is an engaging way to learn new information. As for teaching students how to use the tool itself, I think PowerPoint is just as effective at conveying information in the school setting and it is a tool that most students are already familiar with. I believe Prezi would be more suited to be taught to middle/upper aged primary students.

No comments:

Post a Comment